Zips MAC Tournament- 2022

I have a q. If I get ESPN+, can I see MAC Tournament games after they are played? I have to work tomorrow and won’t be home when it’s on. I also work the weekend.

30 minutes ago, Spin said:

I have a q. If I get ESPN+, can I see MAC Tournament games after they are played? I have to work tomorrow and won’t be home when it’s on. I also work the weekend.

You can. They do have replay for them. At least up till the semifinals when the game is on CBS sports. 🤮

1 hour ago, MDZip said:

You can. They do have replay for them. At least up till the semifinals when the game is on CBS sports. 🤮

Thanks!! I found out I can stream WHLO on my phone at the job site if my truck radio doesn't get the signal in Avon (building a wheelchair ramp for the son-in-law at their new house). 

https://640whlo.iheart.com/ or 640AM in case anyone else is unable to watch TV.

Edited by Spin
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, 1981 grad said:

Has anyone got their tickets yet and know what section the Akron fans are sitting?  

I believe Akron is in Section 108 up and down.  You need to use SeatGeek.   I found 2 seats in that section for the early session.  It wasn't cheap.   The university can give youo much less expensive without any fees but you will be upstairs since they already doled out the tickets.

19 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

The Zips will also need to clean their own house as the odor of Friday’s 57-56 loss to Central Michigan lingers. To say it’s not the way any team would want to roll into the postseason might be an understatement.

My God, George, the Zips won that game. TF?

This is so far beyond pathetic.  This shows you how half-assed the local coverage is, even if every once-in-a-while he churns out something of interest.  This is pure, lazy garbage.

• Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

The Zips will also need to clean their own house as the odor of Friday’s 57-56 loss to Central Michigan lingers. To say it’s not the way any team would want to roll into the postseason might be an understatement.

OMG.  that deserves an email to the editor.  absolutely pathetic.  Groce should refuse interviews with this loser.

here is the sports editor's email:  sfagerstrom@gannett.com.   his name is Scott.

What a self own by George.  Open display of his contempt for the program

Edited by NWAkron
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Here we are again. Cleveland vs. Buffalo. Man these games are so stressful. I’ve been loving how the Zips have been playing, but you still never really know what you’re going to get. With it being March, it’s time for Ali and/or X to put their collective foot down and lead this team to victory. Buffalo may seem daunting with their three-headed monster, but I like our depth more than theirs. This is going to be a total team effort to both efficiently score and not let Williams/Segu/Mballa single handedly end the Zips’ season. 

Not much else to say. Just super nervous and anxious. I want it bad. Go Zips!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NWAkron said:

OMG.  that deserves an email to the editor.  absolutely pathetic.  Groce should refuse interviews with this loser.

here is the sports editor's email:  sfagerstrom@gannett.com.   his name is Scott.

What a self own by George.  Open display of his contempt for the program

But he did like the Batman movie-

https://www.beaconjournal.com/story/entertainment/movies/2022/02/28/movie-review-robert-pattinson-brings-different-take-the-batman-matt-reeves/6931565001/

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Blue & Gold said:

Fake news!

3 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

Very strange since earlier in the article he writes about Friday's "near toe stubbing." It's like somebody else wrote the "odor" statement. Maybe he's letting one of his kids or an intern write the article. As far as editors of copy goes, we all know that's a lost art.

I believe the key to this game is the Zips offense or lack thereof.  We need to execute.  If we can shoot close to 50% from the field and 40% from 3 we should be in this game.  Unfortunately, we have seen a bunch of slow starts from the Zips and inconsistent shooting.  I hope we can pound the ball into Freeman and if they double team he finds the open man for an open shot.  Go Zips

2 minutes ago, 1981 grad said:

I believe the key to this game is the Zips offense or lack thereof.  We need to execute.  If we can shoot close to 50% from the field and 40% from 3 we should be in this game.  Unfortunately, we have seen a bunch of slow starts from the Zips and inconsistent shooting.  I hope we can pound the ball into Freeman and if they double team he finds the open man for an open shot.  Go Zips

Need Freeman to stay out of foul trouble. He's been getting jobbed by the refs in the late-season. DPOY should get him a little more respect...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 1981 grad said:

I don't see them sending the double team at Freeman as Mballa is pretty solid on defense in the post.  He was MAC Defensive Player of the Year last year.