2024 MAC Tournament

10 hours ago, zipsrule said:

Miami struggled with dribbling the ball up the court.  I like the added pressure by our guards.  I hope we keep that up.  I also liked the fact the we got our hands in the passing lanes several times.

I think we'll have to be a little more cautious with the pressure today as Ohio's guards are much better ball handlers than Miami's. 

I think Shammah and Tavari are key tonight. Scott seems to have found his three point stroke while Dawson is really cold and Sammy hasn’t been all that hot of late either but could play a key role if he finds his stroke or can be more of a force on the boards. Tavari has been a spark late in the season even as the team has come back to earth.

Game 2 of back to backs are always hard to know what to expect. Does one team run out of gas? How much does depth make a difference? Does fatigue show up more in three point shooting or in being a step slow and fouling on defense?

No matter what happens this has had to be an interesting tournament for Coach Groce, first sending his brother home (and completing the set to say Akron defeated every MAC team this season) then a semifinal date with his previous employer where he still made his deepest postseason run to this point.

9 minutes ago, Reslife4Life said:

The TO numbers are interesting. I am going to assuming we will be playing a very slow cautious pace today. 
O/U is 141.5, under time

Akron and OU were the only 2 teams to do any scoring yesterday. Vegas casting the bait. This will be an interesting game. 

42 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

I think we'll have to be a little more cautious with the pressure today as Ohio's guards are much better ball handlers than Miami's. 

That is true about the OU guards.  I'm curious to see how Groce decides to play it.

Zips committed 26 turnovers in the two games versus Ohio. Bobcats only committed 19.

Seems pretty clear that the number one key will be taking care of the ball. A few more three-point shots wouldn’t hurt either. 

29 minutes ago, zipsrule said:

That is true about the OU guards.  I'm curious to see how Groce decides to play it.

I really like Jaylin Hunter's game.  He's not flashy he's just really solid.  14th in the MAC in scoring; 1st in assists; first in assist to turnover ratio; 2nd in steals.  The kid just seems to always make good decisions and can get an important hoop when it's needed.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

I really like Jaylin Hunter's game.  He's not flashy he's just really solid.  14th in the MAC in scoring; 1st in assists; first in assist to turnover ratio; 2nd in steals.  The kid just seems to always make good decisions and can get an important hoop when it's needed.

Solid for sure. But i didn't forget about his Sincere Carry like strut in front of our bench down in Athens.

22 hours ago, UAZippers said:

Toledo is living up to their history so far. Only 24 points in the first half and down by 4. If Santiago/Sullinger would pass the ball, Kent would probably be up by a good amount more.

I feel better now that Toledo is out.  Much rather face Kent or Bowling Green if we advance.

The biggest concern going into the OU and championship games is limiting TO's. This is one issue that Groce has not fixed. In my opinion he tolerates them. We do not protect the basketball. We do stupid stuff and have done so all season long. Correct the TO's and I believe we can play with anybody. 

• Like 2

One of the Bobkitten posters has this in the signature block.

Muck Fiami
Kant read, Kant write
Bowling Green Normie School

What, we're not good enough for a denigrating nickname? I hope the team uses this for motivation. 🤣😂

• Like 1