Transfer Portal

1 hour ago, Zippy87 said:

Yes please. Here's his highlight real. NAIA and stats aren't the full story. This dude is a FORCE. 6'8", very physical, and an in-game dunk contest winner. Groce & co. will coach up all the fundamentals. Get this guy in the Akron Blue & Gold.

Edited by Let'sGoZips94
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Yes please. Here's his highlight real. NAIA and stats aren't the full story. This dude is a FORCE. 6'8", very physical, and an in-game dunk contest winner. Groce & co. will coach up all the fundamentals. Get this guy in the Akron Blue & Gold.

I'd much rather take a shot on a player like this than taking a veteran role player like Thornton. Lower floor but higher ceiling.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zippy87 said:

I'd much rather take a shot on a player like this than taking a veteran role player like Thornton. Lower floor but higher ceiling.

There is no floor lower than what was set by our two NIU transfers thus far. 

1 hour ago, Blue & Gold said:

Huh?

More film* against Kentucky who it looked like they played.

Incredibly athletic. Would like to see if he showed some flashes against top level talent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

There is no floor lower than what was set by our two NIU transfers thus far. 

I thought Hankerson was fine. Not a bust, not a star, but solid player in his role. I believe his stats went up here vs NIU.

Thornton definitely more disappointing.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, LZIp said:

I thought Hankerson was fine. Not a bust, not a star, but solid player in his role. I believe his stats went up here vs NIU.

Negative. Hankerson was a double digit scorer at NIU - 9.1 PPG at Akron. 

1 hour ago, LZIp said:

I thought Thornton was a bust.  He shot less than 50% from the line, could not create his own shot, could not drive to the basket, and did not have an outside shot.  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Negative. Hankerson was a double digit scorer at NIU - 9.1 PPG at Akron. 

That's because at NIU he was the #2 scoring option. At Akron he was relegated to being a distant #3 option as he had 2 All-MAC players ahead of him in the pecking order.

If you have the ball in your hands less and you take fewer shots, naturally you're going to score less. At Akron he was pretty much asked to be a 3 & D role player. That's the role he filled. I wasn't necessarily thrilled with his performance here, but we pretty much got what we recruited. 

• Like 2