Keeping up with Keith (Dambrot)

Two things I've learned about LeBron over the last 20 or so years:

1) LeBron is fiercely loyal to and will do anything to support his best friends - Maverick, Rich, Dru, Willie, Sian, Romeo, Frankie. 

2) He's a very smart man and is very intentional in what he does. As speculation grew over KD retiring, Bron started posting more about the Dukes. They win, he sends them shoes. They win again today, he posts these consecutively:

He's showing the higher ups at Duquesne that he'd be actively in their corner if Dru gets the job.

Edited by Zippy87

15 minutes ago, Zippy87 said:

Two things I've learned about LeBron over the last 20 or so years:

1) LeBron is fiercely loyal to and will do anything to support his best friends - Maverick, Rich, Dru, Willie, Sian, Romeo, Frankie. 

2) He's a very smart man is very intentional in what he does. As speculation grew over KD retiring, Bron started posting more about the Dukes. They win, he sends them shoes. They win again today, he posts these consecutively:

He's showing the higher ups at Duquesne that he'd be actively in their corner if Dru gets the job.

🎯

14 hours ago, Zip JD said:

His son finished his NCAA soccer career as a Duke as well.  

Robby finished his NCAA soccer career with the Pitt Panthers; not the Duquesne Dukes.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zip_ME87 said:

Robby finished his NCAA soccer career with the Pitt Panthers; not the Duquesne Dukes.

Thx for the correction.  I had the right church, wrong pew.  KD still got to see him play regularly.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

He’s getting “Shaka Smarted” again.

I wish Illinois were up 40 so I could relax. Unfortunately the Dukes are still hanging around. They've had a horseshoe up their butts for the past few months. For some reason I feel like they might somehow make a comeback.

1 hour ago, akzipper said:

I wish Illinois were up 40 so I could relax. Unfortunately the Dukes are still hanging around. They've had a horseshoe up their butts for the past few months. For some reason I feel like they might somehow make a comeback.

Duquesne had a really good team this year. Once they got healthy they played really well the rest of the season. You don't get lucky for months. 

I didn't watch the whole game but I saw where they were talking about KD retiring and showing Dru on the bench and talking him up. They also showed the team opening their boxes of sneakers from LeBron. Duq. got a lot of good exposure in the tourneys from the LBJ connection so they might just want to keep a good thing going. 

Edited by ZippyRulz

10 hours ago, Reslife4Life said:

Does this mark the end of this thread after 7 years

Hey, don't exaggerate, the thread will only be 5 years old on April 10th and I am sure it will keep going to follow KD is his second career if he chooses to become an AD. (LOL)

I broke one of my own rules picking my bracket this year. I try to pick upsetters based upon late season performance. I passed on a late surging Duquesne. I'm in one of those polls where you get a point for win and the difference in seeding if you pick an upset. I was at least smart enough to pick NC State to the Sweet 16. 

I also put too much faith in Kansas. They were overrated all season and it showed. 

None of it really matters. I had Kentucky losing to UNC in the finals. 

Edited by GP1

13 hours ago, Zippy87 said:

The end of a long and successful coaching career for KD. I suspect he'll stay involved in athletics and wouldn't be shocked to see him back in Akron.

KD has already had a talk with our administration about helping UA in the future, both the institution and athletics. He wants to be a presence in Akron.

• Like 8

If it's not name after something/someone already, name the court after him. Akron doesn't have a lot of sports tradition. This would remind fans of success when they are in constant search of negativity. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GP1 said:

If it's not name after something/someone already, name the court after him. Akron doesn't have a lot of sports tradition. This would remind fans of success when they are in constant search of negativity. 

You mean, FirstEnergy Stadium: Cub Cadet Field and Infocision Stadium: Summa Field isn't a great sports tradition?

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Reslife4Life said:

You mean, FirstEnergy Stadium: Cub Cadet Field and Infocision Stadium: Summa Field isn't a great sports tradition?

It has a ton of tradition. Unfortunately it all revolves around failure. 

43 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

I think he'll be long gone before Akron get a new arena. I might be as well.

Dambrot Court at Kaulig Arena.  I like the sound of it.  It'll happen right after they join the Big 10.

Edited by clarkwgriswold
  • Haha 3