Enrique Freeman

16 hours ago, Zippy87 said:

Enrique Freeman has what I think is his first sports card in the 2023-24 Bowman University set. Card #1 in the set. There's some up for sale on eBay for anyone interested.

Screenshot_20240316_163232_eBay.thumb.jpg.dd9a9c9d3acef540490c5c69d068e686.jpg

Definitely picking up 2 of these - there's a non-auto version with multiple variations, and there's a sticker-auto version. 

Loren Christian-Jackson also has some cards from 2020-21 if anyone collects Zips cards. 

• Like 1

On 3/16/2024 at 4:31 PM, Zippy87 said:

Enrique Freeman has what I think is his first sports card in the 2023-24 Bowman University set. Card #1 in the set. There's some up for sale on eBay for anyone interested.

Screenshot_20240316_163232_eBay.thumb.jpg.dd9a9c9d3acef540490c5c69d068e686.jpg

Good looking out on posting this. Ended up snagging an /25 auto. 

After the Zips game at PPG Arena, I passed Koby Altman the General Manager of the Cleveland Cavaliers in the concourse.

You would have to think that Enrique Freeman impressed Koby after his 21 and 14 showing against the 7' 1" 270 lbs - Ryan Kalkbrenner, the Big East three time Defensive Player of the Year.

I will never forget the 24 points, 21 rebounds and 7 blocks stat line against Ohio U.

Really appreciate Enrique and going to miss him. 

• Like 9

Freeman is going to have a lot to think about in the coming months. I'm not an NBA expert, but I do know it's extremely hard to make and the talent level is the best in my lifetime. In my opinion, Freeman is not an NBA player. He was advised to stay another year to improve his talent level, but I'm not sure he improved enough for the NBA. 

With that said, I think he could have a great future in professional basketball and should talk to a lot of people to understand how. I'm hoping he spends some time with former Zip Jammal Ball to discuss his professional options. Ball had a long career in mostly France for 14 years, Germany for two, and Kosovo for one. I'd rather spend 14 years in France than some NBA D League Hell hole of a city for a couple with little opportunity for the NBA. He could make more money in Europe. 

https://gozips.com/honors/hall-of-fame/jimmal-ball/15

From the looks of Ball's background, he is invested in helping young people at the University find their way through school and open up opportunities for the future. Talk to him Enrique...be prepared and come with good questions. Be open minded. It's a big world with a lot of opportunities for people like you. You are a massive success already and your just getting started. 

• Like 2

Freeman’s childhood dream is to be on the Cavs. If the Cavs give him a g league deal I think it’d be a great opportunity for him. Especially cause they are willing to develop players and call them up to the league. Freeman needs to continue to work on his shooting and playing as a wing or power forward. If he doesn’t get any good offers then i hope he does what makes him happy 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Akron1 said:

After the Zips game at PPG Arena, I passed Koby Altman the General Manager of the Cleveland Cavaliers in the concourse.

You would have to think that Enrique Freeman impressed Koby after his 21 and 14 showing against the 7' 1" 270 lbs - Ryan Kalkbrenner, the Big East three time Defensive Player of the Year.

I will never forget the 24 points, 21 rebounds and 7 blocks stat line against Ohio U.

Really appreciate Enrique and going to miss him. 

That Creighton performance certainly took away the argument that his successes were a result of the level of competition.

If I'm an NBA team I'm absolutely looking at Freeman in the 2nd Round or as an undrafted free agent. 

- Elite rebounding and defense

- Respectable outside shot 

- Off the charts when it comes to motor and character

It's important to remember Freeman would be asked to do a lot less on an NBA team. The offense isn't going to run through him. He's not going to log 38 minutes a game. He'd be a big coming off the bench to provide some rebounding, defense, and energy. 

The biggest knock on Freeman will be his size. He's listed as 6'7", 206 lbs on ESPN.

There are several current and former NBA players with similar size to Freeman but if I'm his agent I'm painting a picture of a young-but-not-crazy Dennis Rodman (6'7", 210). 

• Like 1

I have heard that when it comes to recruiting bigs you need to have a point guard they are excited to play with. Often the success of a post player is determined by how well the point guard can distribute the ball to them. And they know it. Hopefully a more mature Tavari and the addition of Sharron Young proves to be a magnet going forward.

Also, we have learned that it was Freeman’s Mom who really deserves credit for recruiting him by convincing him to try out. I still give Groce credit for recognizing his athleticism and bringing him in as a walk on. Then I give Groce credit for not being prideful because Freeman was grading out better than his recruits. He went with the best performer in practice, period. And finally, thanks to Freeman the coaching staff can show what is possible at Akron from a developmental standpoint. Freeman with all of his physical gifts was raw. Their guidance combined with Freeman’s desire and hard work took someone without a single D1 offer and turned him into one of the best forwards in college basketball. That’s impressive. 

Thank you Enrique!! Well done!!

Edited by Illini Zip
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Whenever they show a Purdue game they mention Zach Edey was the leading scorer and second leading rebounder in the NCAA this year, I wish they'd mention who the leading rebounder in the country was (who also happens to be 9 inches shorter than Edey). 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1