Game 14- Bowling Green

2 minutes ago, 1981 grad said:

I do not like the trash talking to the opposing bench.  It should be a T.  I would not expect that from Tribble.  He is way too classy a player.

I'd bet the BG players were talking trash when they were shooting 1000%. Tribble probably had enough and was ready to throw it back. 

I'm not sure him fouling out is going to hurt the Zips as much as these TV commentators are expecting it to. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LZIp said:

We have to be the worst FT shooting team in the nation.

Ignore the quote. Phone won't remove it.

This is an impressive, IMPRESSIVE performance. BG is a pathetic 10-3 - their schedule has to be one of the worst in the country. But... They have some players. They shot 60%+ in the first half and we couldn't buy a bucket for most of the first. Freeman had 2 fouls for most of the first half and had to sit. Yet this team stayed in the game mentally, chipped away, and then saw the door open and exploded through the opening. This is an ass whooping now. We've seen the emergence of a few players tonight, and then you have Freeman.

Enrique Freeman needs to be in every All American discussion. He is legitimately one of the most unstoppable forces in the country. 

This is our MAC. 

• Like 3

Gotta admit, I thought BG was going to get us after that first half. If that coach sticks around, they’re going to be conferences challengers. Already has 4-5 players who can play.

i think this might’ve been our best game this year. Felt like everyone excelled in their roles. 

• Like 2

I thought our guards really stepped up in the 2nd half.  Some nice drives, good shooting, and great defense.  If our guards play well we will win.  Everything else is in place.  We just need our guards to hit the open outside shots when there is a double on Freeman and the kickout to an open player.  If Tribble starts hitting the wide open three we can really make some noice.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, csims0917 said:

Groce didn’t sound very happy with the crowd in the radio interview. He was grateful for all that was there but he believes this team deserves way better and challenged the zips to all show up next week for Buffalo 

For a 9 PM game, I thought the crowd was good and very much into the game.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, 1981 grad said:

I do not like the trash talking to the opposing bench.  It should be a T.  I would not expect that from Tribble.  He is way too classy a player.

It looked to me that Tribble got the T for turning and saying something something to the ref after he made a nice block and it wasn't called a foul like his 4th. Never a good idea to poke that bear.

• Like 1