NCAA Tournament- Creighton

I've really been pleased with Shammah Scott's play over the last couple of weeks and you can see he is gaining Groce's confidence.  He's playing great defense, has been making good decisions and has made some shots.  I'm encouraged with his role for next year.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

I've really been pleased with Shammah Scott's play over the last couple of weeks and you can see he is gaining Groce's confidence.  He's playing great defense, has been making good decisions and has made some shots.  I'm encouraged with his role for next year.

Unfortunately he's still horridous when finishing at the rim. It seems he is 1-14. How can he get to the rim so fluently and finish so terribly?

8 minutes ago, 72 Roo said:

Unfortunately he's still horridous when finishing at the rim. It seems he is 1-14. How can he get to the rim so fluently and finish so terribly?

At least 75% of his finishes (or lack thereof) at the rim are contested, and the defender almost always has better positioning. He either forces it when he should pull the ball back out or he doesn't do enough to get the defender off balance. 

10 minutes ago, 72 Roo said:

Afraid of contact or getting blocked.  He does not go up strong.  You would think Groce would work with him on that.

1 hour ago, clarkwgriswold said:

💯  I agree it appears as though he's settling in. He had a play against Kent St. where he bailed out Ali by slashing hard to the hoop for a nice layup.

Edited by Illini Zip
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 72 Roo said:

Not sure about that. Hasn't he had at least two big, strong man finishes at the rim in the last few games?

• Like 1